Thursday, July 2, 2020

Matrix Algebra: It is ugly, but is truly advanced ! (by Elroy)

I was going through some of my stuff and thought maybe others could make use of some of it (and I've got tons).

Here's a little matrix (linear) algebra program. It does all the simple stuff as well as some more-or-less higher-level statistics stuff. It'll "solve" a matrix using the Jacobi method, and it also has Varimax, Quartimax, and Equimax rotations in it. I've got some non-orthogonal rotation code somewhere, but I'll have to find it.

Also, this code has a reference in it to "Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library" (Excel 2010) because I use Excel as a grid for the matrices. If someone asks, I could probably change this to late-binding so that this reference wouldn't be required (although some version of Excel on the machine would still be required).

Maybe someone can make some use of this stuff.

Also, just as an FYI, something I've always wanted to do in VB6 was to write a more general purpose matrix solution routine (as opposed to the Jacobi routine herein). These days, these routines are typically called SVD (or, Singular Value Decomposition) routines. One of the advantages they have over he Jacobi method is that they'll solve matrices that contain singularities. If someone knows of such a VB6 routine, I'd love to hear about it.

Again, Enjoy,
Elroy

Download from ME
Download fromVBForums


Source:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?833203-Matrix-(Linear)-Algebra-Program

No comments:

Post a Comment